mumsnet

Wednesday 12 February 2014

Bed-wetting at five plus

I’m not sure about this but decided to share my thoughts.

We have to wake up once a night (twice, if we’re not too tired) to take our 5/6 year olds to wee, otherwise they may wet their beds.  I’ve been wondering if this is normal for children this age.  I even spoke to the nurse last year, and was told that it is indeed normal BUT most people don’t talk about it so I wouldn’t know from friends and family.  NHS Choices says bed wetting is not a problem until, among other considerations, the child is over five years old and regularly wets the bed.  Well, mine are and yes it is becoming a problem.

So I ask, my good people, is this normal?  What age did your child/ren stop bed-wetting and if they still are, how old are they?

I’d like to get some feedback from real people so I know whether to panic any more, or not.  I’d also be grateful for any resources or tips you may have to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment